Project: Farm Bill 2007
The next federal Farm Bill, scheduled for 2007, offers the people of Minnesota a great conservation opportunity. By coordinating agency efforts, the Clean Water Cabinet believes that the state will be in a stronger position to get a bill that enables Minnesota farmers to make a profit while conserving soil and water resources, protecting wetlands and improving water quality.
The CWC will solicit stakeholder feedback on draft farm bill conservation policy recommendations starting in the spring of 2006. Each agency will be responsible for communicating with its stakeholders to solicit responses to the CWC recommendations. The CWC web site will post overview information and information about ongoing opportunities for stakeholder feedback. It will be important for citizens to understand the high value that the cabinet places on their input in this process.
- Conservation policy recommendations for the 2007 Farm Bill: Final recommendations and guiding principles from the Minnesota Clean Water Cabinet, January 26, 2007. (972.51K, .pdf) | Report details
- Stakeholder input on the Minnesota Clean Water Cabinetís 2007 farm bill conservation policy recommendations: Presents comments received by the Clean Water Cabinet in developing recommendations to USDA on the 2007 Farm Bill, August 14, 2006. (22p., 278K, PDF) | Comment details
- Draft conservation policy recommendations for the 2007 Farm Bill : Presents suggested means to improve land conservation based on 3 guiding principles, May 31, 2006. (69.61K, .pdf) | Report details
- Stakeholder input summary: Stakeholder input summary on the Minnesota Clean Water Cabinet's 2007 Farm Bill conservation policy recommendations, April 30, 2006. (22p. PDF) | Report details
- 2007 Farm Bill Conservation Policy: Online Forum . This forum provided an opportunity for Minnesota stakeholders to communicate their views on key Farm Bill conservation principles, programs and provisions.
- Clean Water Cabinet presentation: Recommendations for the 2007 Farm Bill: A presentation outlining the CWC process for developing its 2007 Farm Bill Conservation Policy recommendations, February 7, 2006. (117K, .ppt) | Presentation details
- Letter to Farm Bill stakeholders: A letter to Farm Bill stakeholders from the CWC requesting recommendations for the Cabinet's 2007 Farm Bill comments, January 18, 2006. (299.77K, .pdf) | Bulletin details
- Governor's comments to the USDA: The CWC approved a letter (signed by Governor Pawlenty) to USDA explaining Minnesota's efforts to develop conservation policy recommendations on the 2007 Farm Bill, January 12, 2006. (253.15K, .pdf) | Comment details
- Guiding Principles for Developing the Clean Water Cabinetís Recommendations for Conservation in the 2007 Farm Bill: The Clean Water Cabinet will use these principles (a working document) to guide its development of conservation policy recommendations for the 2007 Farm Bill, January 11, 2006. (86.45K, .pdf) | Guide details
- Conservation in the Next Farm Bill Ė Minnesota Farmersí Perspectives: The Minnesota Department of Agriculture facilitated an agricultural stakeholders meeting on November 10, 2005, December 6, 2005. (23.81K, .pdf) | Comment details
- Draft 2: Timeline and Process: Developing recommendations for the 2007 Farm Bill Title (covering programs & provisions affecting Clean Water Cabinet priorities), October 30, 2005. (79.88K, .pdf) | Guide details
- Draft 1: Timeline and Process: Developing recommendations for the 2007 Farm Bill Title (covering programs & provisions affecting Clean Water Cabinet priorities), July 20, 2005. (70.1 KB) | Guide details